Pages: 89 - 92
Authors: Astrit D., Dritan S.
Abstract: In this paper, we treat the evaluation of mercury concetration, in the soil samples taken in the study.These sampels are taken in the area of the ex-Plant of PVC Vlora. (Albania) after the rehabilitation of this area.The results of the samples analysis, done by CVAAS methodology, are in a higher concetration than 0.07–0.3 mg/kg (“the preliminary critical limits to prevent ecological effects” according UNEP Chemicals.).
Keywords: Pollution, concentrations of Hg, Soda-PVC, CVAAS
1. Lazo P., Bushati S. 2008. Tirana, “Environmental situation of Vlora Bay after mercury pollution”, – Tirana – 2008,
Albania, ISBN 978–99956–10–12–8.
2. Kotorri P., Çomo A. “Covering of the soils with mercury content is a choice or a solution of the problem of
pollution in the former Soda PVC”, Vlora.
3. Tsuguyoshi Suzuki, March 2004, Mercury analysis manual, Ministry of the Environment, Japan.
4. Beqiraj A., Çullaj A., Kotorri P., “High-contaminated soil with mercury in the bay of Vlora (Albania) and its
5. Çullaj A., Çelo V. and Babi D., 2000. “Analytical investigation of heavy metals content in sediments of Albanian
coast”. Journal of Environmental and Ecology.
6. Průša J., 2006. “Distribution of mercury in saturated and unsaturated zones at PVC-Soda site in Vlora
and its vicinity”. Exploration Geophysics, Remote Sensing and Environment, XIII.
7. UNEP Chemicals: “Global Mercury Assement” IOMC, Geneva, Switzerland, December – 2002.
8. UNEP/IAEA “Determination of total mercury in marine sediments and suspended solids by cold vapor atomic
absorption spectrophotometry”. Reference Methods for Marine Pollution Studies No. 26, UNEP 1985.