This page gives some introductory information about Open Access publishing; however, this information should not be considered as the final word on the topic.
What is Open Access?
- Open access (OA) is the practice of providing unrestricted access via the Internet to peer-reviewed scholarly journal articles. OA is also increasingly being provided to theses, scholarly monographs and book chapters.
- By making information freely available in this way, Open Access accelerates research and learning.
- By reducing the barriers that restrict access to knowledge, Open Access maximizes the opportunity for publications to be read and for authors to be recognized for their contribution in their chosen field and beyond.
Benefits of Open Access
- Open Access makes knowledge available to all, without the barrier of affordability and without restrictions on using it to inform and develop related areas of research.
- Open Access enables unrestricted use of knowledge for teaching, conference presentations and lectures.
- Open Access offers authors enhanced visibility and offers the potential for greater usage of their work and higher impact.
- Open Access brings new audiences to scholarly content, helping expand readership.
- Open access reduces the pressure on library budgets for purchasing books and journals and enables librarians to devote more time to connecting their users with high quality content.
Premier Publishing s.r.o.'s Open Access Policy
Premier Publishing s.r.o. is an independent international publisher of 15 open access, peer-reviewed journals committed to disseminating the fruits of latest research to the global community as widely as possible. In keeping with that commitment, East West Association offers the following policy:
- All Journal content is freely and openly available after publication on the Premier Publishing s.r.o. website.
- All articles are published in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license. Under this license, authors retain copyright.
- All articles can be read, downloaded, copied, distributed, printed, searched, or linked to in East West Association journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
The policy will apply to all scholarly articles published in Premier Publishing s.r.o., except for any articles completed before the adoption of this policy and any articles for which the author entered into an incompatible licensing or assignment agreement before the adoption of this policy.
Open Access and Article Processing Charge
The internet allows us to distribute knowledge more widely, more efficiency and at a lower cost than was previously possible. However, publishing still has costs that need to be covered – such as proof reading, copyediting, digital presentation and preservation, promotion and dissemination of your work.
With Open Access, authors (or their institutions or funders) pay an Article Processing Charge to cover these costs, ensuring their work is properly evaluated for quality and made easy to find, download and read.