Pages: 43 - 53
Authors: Yao T.
Abstract: Although equality has been incorporated into the constitution of China PR, there are still many problems on this issue in China. Owning to there is no official interpretation on relevant articles in Constitution, the connotation of the right of equality in China’s Constitution remains a source of debate in the academic community. With development of market economy, the protection of this right need to be improved. This essay indicates the connotation and manifestation of this right in China today, then analyzes the obstacles and problems in this issue, and offer some proposals on how to improve the protection of the right of equality in the end
Keywords: Right of equality, Constitution, Protection
1. Zhou Zhongqiu. (2000). The Notion of Equality. Haikou: Hainan Press. p55.
2. Mao Conghu, Wang Qintian, Zhang Qingrong. (1985). European Philosophical History Vol. A. Tianjin:
Nan Kai University Pres. P. 177–178.
3. Li Junwen. (2004). Tentative Analysis on Liang Qichao’s “the equality of humanity”. Hubei Social Sciences
9. P. 101.
4. Hu Jinguang & Han Dayuan. (2007). Constitution of China. Beijing: Law Press China. P. 169.
5. Qi Yanping. (2002). Comments on the Universal Human Rights. Legal Forum 3: P. 8.
6. Han Gang. (2010). the Existing Form and the Connotation of the Right of Equality. Qilu Journal 2.
7. Li Weiwei. (2009). the Application and Development of the Principle of Equality in Anti-Discrimination
Law-Concurrently Talk about Anti-Discrimination Legislation in China. Political and Legal Forum 1.
8. Wang Li. (2011). Double dimension of equality: Nominal Equality and Substantial Equality. Theoretic
9. Zhang Qianfan. (2014). Constitution. Beijing: Law Press. P. 241.
10. Zhou Wei. (2003). Constitutional Rights and Judicial Remedies. Beijing: The Chinese People’s Public
Security University Press. P. 75.
11. Pan Nianzhi & Qi Naikuan. (1980). the Issue of All People are Equal before the Law. Social Science 1.
12. Pan Nianzhi & Qi Naikuan. (1980). Re-examination of All People are Equal before the Law. Social Science
4. P. 77.
Discussion on the right of equality in China’s Constitution
13. Zhou Wei. (2004). Discourse On the Constitution of Equality. Jiangxi Social Sciences 2: P. 172.
14. Hu Jian. (2012). the Binding Power of the Constitutional Right of Equality to Legislators and its Implementation-
Considering the Revision of Electoral Law as Mainline. Academic Forum of Nan Du 3. P. 81.
15. Jiao Hongchang. (2002). Reconsideration on “All Citizens Shall Be Equal Before the Law”. China Legal
Science 6. P. 16.
16. Xu Xianming. (2000). the System and Classification of Human Rights. Social Science of China 6. P. 103.
17. Cheng Yanguang. (2008). the Remedy of Civic Rights. Beijing: China Social Sciences Press. P. 246.
18. Li Zhiqiang. (2011). the Problems and Countermeasures of the Balanced Development in Compulsory
Education in Urban and Rural Areas. Time Education 1. P. 164.
19. Lai Malian, An Zhishuo (2007) Constitutional Protection of Education Equality. Frontier 4: P. 104.
20. Liu Xiaoxiao. (2006). Discussion on the Equality of Contemporary Chinese Farmers. Legal Forum 3.
21. Zhang Qianfan. (2014) Introduction of Constitution-Principle and Application. Beijing: Law Press. P. 3.
22. Ronald Dworkin. (2000). Sovereign Virtue. Harvard University Press. P. 1.