Pages: 157 - 159
Authors: Mecaj S.
Abstract: Environmental legislation in Albania is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Albania, general and specific laws to the environment, decisions of the Council of Ministers, orders and instructions to ministries, specific regulations etc. This legislation is approaching EU standards, because is based on the same principles and continues to be in an intensive process of the improvements. Albania is included in the recent urban developments, which is associated with environmentally cost. Problems remain urban and acoustic pollution, recycling and waste handling, cutting and uncontrolled forest exploitation, or riverbeds, causing encroachment and damage to biodiversity where they arise. Urban waste management continues to be one of the most serious environmental problems in Albania, polluting the environment and endangering the health of residents. Data on environmental indicators help decision makers to be more effective in their work, but also helps citizens, businesses, investors, etc.
Keywords: environment, environmental protection, biodiversity, urban waste, urban waste management, environmental indicators, increased consumption, the right management policies, recycling.
1. Law No. 8652, dated. 31.07.2000 “On the organization and functioning of local government”.
2. Law No. 10 431, dated 9.6.2011 “On Environmental Protection”.
3. Law No. 10 463, dated 22.9. 2011 “For Integrated Waste Management”.
4. Decision on “Their waste packaging and” No. 177, dated 06.03. 2012.
5. Decision on “Waste Incineration” No. 178, dated 06.03.2012.
6. Decision “For discarded vehicles” No. 705 dated 10.10. 2012.
7. Decision on “Waste Landfill” No. 452 dated 11.07. 2012.
8. Decision on “Hospital Waste Management”, No. 798, dated 29. 09. 2010.
9. [Electronic resource]. – Available from: http://segate.sunet.se/archives/et-w10.html.
10. Waste, ne//[Electronic resource]. – Available from: http://www.mjedisi.gov.al/files/userfiles/Monitorim_Mjedisor/
11. Commission of the European Communities, for and on behalf of the Government of Albania, Ref: EuropeAid/124909/
C/SER/AL implementation of the National Plan for Approximation of Environmental Legislation in Albania, 19.08.2010.
12. Report of the Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Water Management, 2009.
13. [Electronic resource]. – Available from: http://open.data.al/sq/lajme/lajm/lang/sq/id/295/Mbetjet-e‑ngurta-ndervite#