Pages: 21 - 23
Authors: Eprikyan A. M.
Abstract: Armenian legion had an important role in the defensive actions of kilikian Armenians in 1919–1920. Thanks to him Armenian migrants were able to return to their native homes, and many Armenian women escaped from the hands of Muslims. Besides, by organizing self-defensive battles against the kemals thousands of Armenians were saved from the massacres
Keywords: Kilikia, Armenian legion, France, Turkey, self-defense
1. Armenian national archive. – Fund 200, list 1, work 546.
2. Galustean G. Marash or Germanic and hero zeytun. – New York, 1934.
3. Gasparyan R. Armenian massacres in KIlikia in the 90th of the 19th century. – Yerevan, 2005.
4. Torosyan Sh. National-liberation movements of the Armenians in Kilikia 1919–1920. – Yerevan, 1987.
5. Poyajyan T. Armenian legion. – Boston, 1965.
6. Bremond E. La Cilicie en 1919–1920. – Paris 1921.
7. Gautherot Gustave. La France en Syrie et en Cilicie. – Paris, 1921