Pages: 123 - 125
Authors: Lastovetska R. O.
Abstract: The impact of remittances outflows on the economy of Poland is analyzed in the article. Based on historical data the vector autoregression model (VAR) was built to examine the effects of the sharp rise in the volume of remittances outflows. The model results are presented for the next macroeconomic indicators: GDP, inflation, interest rate and exchange rate.
Keywords: migration, remittances, vector autoregression model (VAR), gross domestic product, inflation, interest rates, real effective exchange rate.
1. Bilateral migration matrix.//The World Bank. – 2013.//[Electronic resource]. – Available from: htpp://www.econ.worldbank.
2. Regional Statistics.//Central Statistical Office in Poland. – 2015.//[Electronic resource]. – Available from: htpp://www.
3. Corbo V. Response to external and inflation shocks in a small open economy./V. Corbo, J. Tessaga//General Equlibrium
models of the Chilean economy (ed. R. Chumacero and K. Schmidt-Hebbel). – Central Bank of Chile. – 2005. – 29–55 p.
4. Charemza W. A small forward-looking inter-country model (Belarus, Russia and Ukraine)./W. Charemza, S. Makarova,
Y. Prytula, J. Raskina, Y. Vymyatnina//INTAS program. – 2008. – 25 p.
5. International Financial Statistics.//IMF. – 2015.//[Electronic resource]. – Available from: htpp://www.imf.org
6. Eurostat.//European Union. – 2015.//[Electronic resource]. – Available from: htpp://www.ec.europa.eu/eurostat/
7. Balance of payments manual. Fifth edition (BPM5)./International Monetary Fund. – 1993. – 188 р