Pages: 3 - 11
Authors: Filatova I. V.
Abstract: The morphological analysis of the ceramics of the Malyshevo Neolithic culture (Lower Amur) early complex has been done according to different methodics (V. F. Genning, H. A. Nordström): the leading principles are identified and the tendencies to forming “standard” forms are discovered. The comparative analysis of the early Malyshevo ceramics and the materials of the Lower Amur and the Primorye (Maritime) territory have shown some differences
Keywords: Neolithic, Lower Amur, Malyshevo culture, pottery, morphological analysis
1. Batarshev S. V. Rudnaya archeological culture in Primorye. – Vladivostok: LLC “Rea”, 2009. – 200 p.
2. Bobrinsky A. A. On the method of studying the pottery shapes from archeological excavations.//Cultures of the I millennium
Eastern Europe. – Kuibyshev: Kuibyshev State University Press, 1986. – P. 137–157.
Morphological analysis of ceramic vessels of the Malyshevo Neolithic culture early complex (Lower Amur region)
3. Gening V. F. The program of statistical processing of ceramics from archaeological excavations.//Soviet archeology. –
1973. – № 1. – P. 114–135.
4. Gening V. F. Ancient ceramics. Methods and research programs in archeology. – Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1992. – 188 p.
5. Derevianko A. P., Medvedev V. Ye. Research of the Gasya settlement (preliminary results, 1980). – Novosibirsk: Publishing
House of the SD RAS, 1993. – 109 p.
6. Zhuschihovskaya I. S. Essays on the history of ancient pottery in the Russian Far East. – Vladivostok: Far Eastern Branch
of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2004. – 312 p.
7. Loman V. G. Computer program for the analytical study of the pottery vessels shapes.//Modern problems of Russian
archeology. – Novosibirsk: Publishing House of the SB RAS, 2006. – Vol. 2. – P. 476–477.
8. Medvedev V. Ye. Neolithic cultures of the Lower Amur Region.//Russian Far East in ancient and medieval times: Discoveries,
problems, hypotheses. Monograph. – Vladivostok: Dalnauka, 2005. – P. 234–267.
9. Medvedev V. Ye. On the culture genesis of the Neolithic Age in the Lower Amur region.//Modern problems of archeology
in Russia: Coll. of scientific works. – Novosibirsk, Publishing House of the SB RAS, 2006. – Vol. I. – P. 288–291.
10. Medvedev V. Ye. On the chronology of the Malyshevo culture: New radiocarbon dates for the Gasya settlement.//Problems
of archeology, ethnography, anthropology of Siberia and adjacent territories: Materials of the SB RAS annual session
of 2007. – Novosibirsk: Publishing House of the SB RAS, 2007. – Vol. XV. – P. 130–135.
11. Medvedev V. Ye. On the current trends in the Neolithic study of the Russian Far East south. The Lower Amur region.//Proceedings
of the III (XIX) All-Russian Archeological Congress. – Vol. 1. – SPb.-M.-Veliky Novgorod: Publishing House of
the IIMC, 2011. – P. 176–179.
12. Mylnikova L. N. The study of the ancient ceramic vessels shapes: theoretical and practical aspects.//Archeology, Ethnology
and Anthropology of Eurasia. – 2014. – № 2 (58). – P. 32–43.
13. Neolithic south of the Far East: ancient settlement in the Chortovy Vorota cave. – M.: Nauka, 1991. – 224 p.
14. Okladnikov A. P., Derevianko A. P. The distant past of Primorye and Amur region. – Vladivostok: Dalnevost. knizh. publishing
house, 1973. – 440 p.
15. Tsetlin Yu. B. Ancient Ceramics: Theory and methods of historical and cultural approach. – M.: Publishing House of the
Russian Academy of Sciences, 2012. – 379 p.
16. Tsetlin Yu. B., Volkova Ye. V. The role of natural science methods in the study of ancient ceramics as a source of historical
information.//Archeology, Ethnology and Anthropology of Eurasia. – 2010. – № 4 (44). – P. 52–59.
17. Tsetlin Yu. B., Medvedev V. Ye. Ceramics of the Mari Culture in the Lower Amur.//Archeology, Ethnology and Anthropology
of Eurasia. – 2014. – № 4 (60). – P. 30–40.
18. Shevkomud I. Ya. Kondon Neolithic culture in the Lower Amur: Overview.//Problems of archeology and paleoecology
of Northern, Eastern and Central Asia: Materials of the Intern. Conf. – Novosibirsk: Publishing House of the SB RAS,
2003. – P. 215–216.
19. Shevkomud I. Ya., Gorshkov M. V. On the question of Kondon culture in the Lower Amur region (research of the Knyaze-
Volkonskoye‑1 settlement in 2006).//Northern Eurasia in the anthropogene: humans, paleotechnologies, geo-ecology,
ethnology and anthropology: Mat. of the all-Rus. conf. with International participation dedicated to the 100th anniversary
of M. M. Gerasimov’s birth. – Vol. 2. – Irkutsk: Publishing House “Ottisk”, 2007. – P. 306–310.
20. Shevkomud I. Ya., Kuzmin Ya. V. The chronology of the Lower Amur Stone Age (Russian Far East).//Cultural chronology
and other issues in the study of the East Asia antiquities: Coll. Art. – Khabarovsk: Khabarovsk Regional Museum,
2009. – P. 7–46.
21. Shevkomud I. Ya., Yanshina O. V. Start of the Neolithic in the Amur region: Goncharka‑1 settlement. – SPb.: RAS, 2012. –270 p.
22. Birkhoff G. D. Aesthetic Measure. – Cambridge, Harvard: University Press, 1933. – P. 83–91.
23. Derevianko A. P., Medvedev V. E. Neolithic of the Nizhnee Priamurye (Lower Amur River Basin).//Archaeology of the Russian
Far East: Essays in Stone Age Prehistory/BAR International Series 1540. – Oxford: Archaeopress, 2006. – P. 123–150.
24. Filatova I. V. The peculiarities of the design of containers of the early complex of Malyshevo Neolithic culture of the Lower
Amur basin (based on materials on the settlement Malyshevo‑1).//Bylye Gody. – 2015. – Vol. 35, Is. 1. – P. 5–13. (на рус. яз.).
25. Gardin J.-C. Code pour l’analyse des forms de potteries. – P., 1976. – 97 p.
26. Hole F. Analysis of structure and design in prehistoric ceramics.//World Archeology. – 1984. – Vol. 15.3. – Р. 326–347.
27. Kato H. Neolithic Culture in Amurland: The Formation Process of a Prehistoric Complex Hunter-Gatherers Society
Author (s).//Journal of the Graduate School of Letters. – 2006. – 1. – P. 3–15.
28. Nordström H. A. Cultural Ecology and ceramic technology. Early Nubian Cultures from the Firth and the Fourth Millenia
b. c. – Stockholm: Almgwist and Wiksell, 1972. – 200 p.
29. Orton Cl., Hughes M. Pottery in Archaeology. – Cambridge University Press, 2013. – 340 p. (Cambridge manuals in
30. Shepard A. O. Ceramics for Archaeologist. – Washington: Carnegie Institute of Washington, 1965. – 380 p.