Pages: 25 - 31
Authors: Dsevickaya L.
Abstract: Abstract Objective: The purpose of the publication is to disclose the main linguistic and extra-linguistic aspects that contribute to the adequate translation of special economic terms. Methods: The research was conducted with the use of research methods: theoretical (analysis of psycho-pedagogical and linguistic literature), empirical (observation of the educational process and study of pedagogical experience in order to study the specifics of the translation of special economic terms); own linguistic (component and etymological analysis). The results of the study have developed an algorithm for the adequate translation of terms and terminology in the texts of the economic profile. It is proved that, in its cognitive function, the language of translation is minimally dependent on the grammatical composition of the language. The adequacy of the translation depends largely on the understanding of the internal form of the non-equivalent lexicon, which states the non-differentiation of the species economic concept in the target languages. The scientific novelty of the proposed research is to identify the system of characteristic features of the modeling of the translation of economic texts based on the analysis of the lexical composition and morpho-syntactic structure of terms; component analysis of the internal form of terms and term combinations; linguocultural and etymological analysis of key terms; definition of the criteria of functional discourse of unambiguous terms and terms-doublets. The practical significance of the performed research is to apply techniques that promote adequate translation at the following levels: 1) heterogeneity in lexical composition, lexico-grammatical structure of terms; 2) heterogeneity of grammatical forms of one of the components of the comparable economic terms; 3) heterogeneity of grammatical forms (change of case form of the main (pronounced) noun; indirect pronouns of the noun in the structure of the term of the language of translation and the introduction of prepositions; change of number — singular/plural with the change of case form and including the introduction of prepositions; heterogeneity in the lexical meaning of nuclear/non-nuclear and additional components). Separate consideration was given to the algorithm of the translation of the non-equivalent economic terminology, which provides lingvo-cultural justification, since the background economic context determines the specifics of the translation of special terminological units.
Keywords: Keywords: translation method; economic term; non-equivalent economic term
1. Human development report. New York, Oxford University Press, 2001. 264 p. (In English).
2. Strom N. Ask the Library/N. Strom//Scandinavian Public Library Quarterly. 2004. № 3. Pр. 8–11. (In English).
3. Tremblay E. Educating the Mobile Generation — using personal cell phones as audience response systems in
post-secondary science teaching//Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching. 2010. Vol. 29.
№ 2. P. 217–227. (In English).
4. Alimov, V. V. Teoriya perevoda (Translation theory). Perevod v sfere professionalnoi kommunikatsii: Tutorial.
Moskow: Komkniga, 2006. 160 pages. (In Russian).
5. Barhudarov, L. S. Yazik i perevod (Language and translation). Moskow, 1975. 354 p. (In Russian).
6. Batsevich, F. S. Slovnik terminiv mizkulturnoji komunikatsiyi (Dictionary of terms of intercultural communication).
Kyiv: Dovira, 2007, 205 pages (In Ukrainian).
7. Voprosi teoriyi perevoda v zarubeznnoy lingvistike (The theory of translation in foreign linguistics): Sb. st./Pod.
red. V. N. Komissarov. — Moskow, 1978. 59 p. (In Russian).
8. Golovin, V. M. Pereklad ekonomichnoyi terminologiyi (Translation of economic terminology). Kyiv: Nauka,
2005. 187 pages. (In Ukrainian).
9. Zagidullin, R. Z. Kritika konceptsiyi perevoda kak vida yazikovogo posrednichestva//Teoriya ta praktika perekladu
(Theory and practice of translation): Ukr. nauk. zbirnik/Bidp. red. O. I. Cherednichenko, Ed. 19. Kyiv:
KNU, 1993. Pp. 23–30 (In Ukrainian).
10. Rais, K. Klassifikaciya tekstov i metodi perevoda (Classification of texts and methods of translation). Voprosi
teoriyi perevoda v zarubeznoy lingvistike. Moskow, 1978. Pp. 202–228 (In Russian).
11. Retschker, Y. I. Teoriya perevoda i perevodcheskaya praktika (Theory of translation and translation practice).
Moskow: Mezdunarodniyi otnosheniya, 1974. 186 p. (In Russian).
12. Timchenko, І. І. (2006) Teoriya і praktika perekladu (Theory and practice of translation) to a retreasure. Kyiv,
2006. 284 p. (In Ukrainian)
13. Krupnov, V. N. Posobie po obshestvenno-politicheskoi i oficialno-delovoy leksike (Manual on socio-political and
official-business vocabulary). Moskow, 1984. 232 p. (In Russian).
14. Milrud R. P. Vvdedenie v lingvistiku. Drofa. Moskva. 2005. 138 p.
15. Pereklad anglomovnoyi ekonomichnoyi literature (Translation of English economic literature). Ekonomika USA:
Zagalni printsipi/Za red. L. V. Chernovatogo ta V. І. Karabana. Vinnytsya: Nova kniga, 2005. 496 p. (In Ukrainian).
16. Prozorov, V. G. Osnovi teoriyi i praktiki perevoda s angliyskogo yazika na russkiy (Fundamentals of theory and
practice of translation from English into Russian). Moskow, 1998. 234 p. (In Russian).
17. Cherednichenko, A. I. Yazikovaya variativnost i perevod (Language variation and translation)//Teoriya ta praktika
perekladu, 1980, Ed. 4. Pp. 46–53 (In Ukrainian).
18. Baker, Mona. In Other Words: A course book on translation. London: Routledge, 1992. Pp. 1–78, 180–212,
217–254. (In English).
19. Karaban, V. І. Pereklad anglijskoyi naukovoyi i tehnichnoyi litetaturi (Translation of English scientific and technical
literature) Gramatichni trudnoschi, leksichni, terminologichni ta zanrovo-stilistichni problemi. Vinnitsya:
Nova kniga, 2002. 458 p. (In Ukrainian).
20. Komissarov, V. N. Teoriya perevoda (Theory of translation) (lingvisticheskie aspekti). Uch. pos. Moskow: Vishaya
shkola, 1990. 234 p. (In Russian).
21. Nida, Eugene, Taber, Charles. The Theory and Practice of Translation/Eugene A. Nida, Charles R. Taber. Leiden:
E J. Brill, 1982. Рp. 1–50. (In English).
22. Shuttleworth, Mark, Cowie, Moira. Dictionary of Translation Studies. Manchester M239HH, UK, 1997, 223 p.
23. Toury, Gideon. In Search of a Theory of Translation. Tel-Aviv: the Porter Institute for Poetics and Semiotics,
1980. Рp. 215–223. (In English).