Pages: 49 - 55
Authors: Sayko N. A.
Abstract: Objective: a system of professional preparation of social workers in the United States is considered. Methods: comparison, generalization, observation, systemic analysis, theoretical cognition, the method of analogy. Results: based on the analysis of the content of social workers preparation in institutions of higher education, basic skills of social workers, the content of social work in schools in the United States as the main institution of socialization of rising generation, positive aspects which may be used in the higher education system of Ukraine were identified, which is now at the stage of intensive changes and innovations; attention to the main stages of social workers preparation in the USA, tasks of the school system and on the specifics of the functioning of a social worker in the education system; the increased focus in the work of the social worker in the educational system to help in the socialization children of teenage age is emphasized, the integration and individual approach in solving their problems are analyzed; especially important for the social workers preparation in Ukraine should be orientation of higher education on the therapeutic aspects of social work, that gives an opportunity to social workers in Ukraine to be more active in society and organize private practices. Scientific novelty: At the first time on the basis of methods pointed in the article the consent of social workers preparation in the United States to socialized function in the educational system is explored. Practical significance: the main points and conclusions of the article can be used in the system of professional preparation of social workers in Ukraine.
Keywords: professional preparation, levels and content of social worker’s preparation, aim of social work, functions of social worker
1. Association of Social Workers of US schools. Access: URL: http: www.sswaa.org
2. Vinnikova L.V. Sistema podgotovki sotsial’nykh rabotnikov v vysshikh obrazovatel’nykh uchrezhdeniyakh SSHA
(The system of social workers training in the US higher education institutions), Dis. Candidate Ped. Sciences:
13.00.05 - Social Pedagogy / L.V. Vinnikova., – Lugansk, – 2003, – 217 p. (in Russ.).
3. Voytenkova G.F., Lebedeva E.V. Sotsialnyie uslugi (Social services), Narodonaselenie, – 2007, – No. 4, – P. 94-
106 (in Russ.).
4. Vasilenko O.N. Pedagogicheskie usloviya realizatsii funktsiy soderzhaniya shkolnogo komponenta (Pedagogical
conditions of the realization of functions of a school component content), Authoref. Dis. Candidate Ped. Sciences,
– Kharkov, – 1996, – 24 p. (in Russ.).
5. Kapskaya A.I. Tekhnologii sotsial’noy raboty v zarubezhnykh stranakh (The technologies of social work in foreign
countries), Ed. manual / A.I. Kapskaya, L.N. Zavatskaya, S.V. Grischenko, Kiev: Slovo, 2011, 248 p. (in Russ.).
6. Kozlov L.A. Sotsial’naya rabota za rubezhom: sostoyaniye, tendentsii, perspektivy (Social work abroad: status,
trends, prospects), – Moscow, – 1997, – 125 p. (in Russ.).
7. Kornyushina R.V. Zarubezhnyy opyt sotsial’noy raboty (Foreign experience of social work), Ed. manual /
R.V. Kornyushina, – Vladivostok: TIDOT Far Eastern State University, – 2004, – 84 p. (in Russ.).
8. Koroleva N.E. Soderzhaniye podgotovki sotsial’nykh rabotnikov dlya uchebnykh zavedeniy v SSHA i Velikobritanii
(Content of the training of social workers for educational institutions in the USA and the UK), Dis.
Candidate Ped. Sciences: 13.00.01 - General pedagogy, history of pedagogy and education / N.E. Koroleva, –
Kazan, – 2003, – 185 p. (in Russ.).
9. Kubitskiy S.A. Istoriya sotsial’noy raboty v zarubezhnykh stranakh (The history of social work in foreign countries),
Ed. manual / S.A. Kubitskiy, Kiev: DAKKKіM, – 2010, – 303 p. (in Russ.).
10. Lambayeva I.A. Sotsial’naya rabota za rubezhom (Social work abroad), Ed. manual / I.A. Lambayeva, Ulan-Ude:
Izd-vo VSGTU, – 2000, – 110 p. (in Russ.)
11. Malkova Z. A. Sovremennaya shkola v SSHA (Modern school in the USA), M: Pedagogy, – 1999, – 420 p. (in
12. Murashkevich O.A. Tekhnologii sotsial’noy raboty v zarubezhnykh stranakh (Technologies of social work in
foreign countries), ed. manual. State, Lugansk: Taras Shevchenko LNU, – 2013, – 202 p. (in Russ.)
13. Novak E. S. Sotsial’naya rabota za rubezhom (Social work abroad), metodical menual, – Volgograd: Volga Publishing,
– 2001, – 172 p. (in Russ.)
14. Palchevsky S.S. Sotsial’naya pedagogika (Social pedagogy), educ. Manual, K.: – Condor, – 2005, – 560 p. (in
15. Popovich G.M. Sotsial’naya rabota v Ukraine i za rubezhom (Social work in Ukraine and abroad), metodical menual, Uzhgorod: Grazhda, – 2000, – 134 p.
16. Romm T.A. Sotsial’naya rabota za rubezhom (Social work abroad), Novosibirsk: NSPU, – 2003, – 160 p. (in
17. Erling R. Kak ostanovit’ travlyu v shkole. Psikhologiya mobbinga (How to stop bullying in school. Psychology
mobbing), Trans. with NOK, – M.: Genesis, – 2012, – 264 p. (in Russ.)
18. Sloan K. Umneye, bystreye, luchshe. Strategii effektivnogo i uspeshnogo liderstva (smarter, faster, better. Strategies
for effective and successful leadership), – M.: Yurayt, – 2009, (translated from English O. Burmakova.) (in
19. Furman A.V., Podgurskaya M.V. Istoriya sotsial’noy raboty (The history of social work), ed. Manual, Ternopil:
TNEU, – 2014, – 174 p. (in Russ.)
20. Holostova E.I. Zarubezhnyy opyt sotsial’noy raboty (Foreign experience of social work), ed. manual, – M.: Publishing
and Trading Corporation “Dashkov and K °», – 2013, – 368 p. (in Russ.).
21. Tselih M.P. Sotsial’naya rabota za rubezhom: SSHA (Social work abroad: United States), – Moscow: Academy,
– 2007, – 128 p. (in Russ.)
22. Heather Alden, National School Social Worker of the Year. – 2012.
23. Richmond, Mary Ellen. Social diagnosis. New York: Russell Sage Foundation, – 1917. – 511 p.
24. Kounin J. Discipline and Group Management in Classrooms. Huntington, N. Y.: R. E. Krieger, – 1977. – 170 с.
25. Social Work Task Force, “Facing up to the task: the interim report of the social work task force”, Department of
Health and the Department for Children, School and Families, – 2009