Pages: 12 - 14
Authors: Stepanova L. G.
Abstract: The article analyzes the different approaches in the evaluation of the quality of land in Russia in the Middle Ages and Early Modern. Based on the information of cadastres and materials of the General land survey a comparative analysis of the records about the quality of land in Krestetsky and Valdai uyezds in Novgorod province in the XVIII century with data of cadastres giving the deEvaluation of quality of land in the Russian agriculture on materials of the first Russian cadastres 13 scription of graveyards of Derevskaya pyatina of Novgorod land in the middle of the XVI century is carried out. The conclusion about the fact that the idea of the quality of land of the previous centuries depended not only on its actual fertility, but also on the optimal cost to process it and produce good harvests is drawn.
Keywords: land quality, fertility, cadastres, Economic notes, General land surveying
1. Kirikov S. V. Changes in wildlife in natural areas of the USSR (XIII–XIX centuries). Forest area and forest
tundra. – M.: Academy of Sciences of the USSR, – 1960. – 158 p.
2. Sketches of Russian culture XVII century. Part 1. Material culture. Political system//ed. A. V. Artsikhovsky.
– M.: Publishing house of the Moscow State University, – 1979. – 352 p.
3. Acts of Novgorod monastery Vyazhischskiy at the end of XV- beginning of the XVII century//Materials
on the history of Novgorod and Novgorod Land. Issue 2. Prepared and Publ. by I. Y. Ankudinov. – M.:
Handwritten monuments of ancient Russia, – 2013. – 264 p.
4. Sketches of Russian culture of the XVI century. Part 1/Ed. A. V. Artsikhovsky. – M.: Publishing house
of the Moscow State University, – 1977. – 288 p.
5. Kamentsev E. I., Ustyugov I. V. Russian metrology. Ed. 2nd Textbook. – M.: Higher School, –1975. – 328 p.
6. Stepanova L. G. The economic situation of the peasants at the end of XV-the beginning of XVI century,
according to the Novgorod cadastres: Experience of quantitative analysis: diss. …Cand. of Hist. Sciences.
– M., – 2001. – 307 p.
7. Stepanova L. G. On the issue of property differentiation of the peasantry in the late XV-beginning of
the XVI century (according to the Novgorod cadastres)//Otechestvennaya istoriya. – 2001, – № 4.
– P. 144–161.
8. Lomonosov M. V. About layers of land and other works on the geology. – Moscow-Leningrad: Gosgeolizdat,
– 1949. – 214 p.
9. RGADA F. 1355. Economic Notes to the materials of General surveying. Op. 1. Novgorod Province. D. 861.
Valdai district. Economic Notes of the 1571 cottage and alphabet of the owners of summer cottages. – 174 l.
10. RGADA. F. 1355. Op.1. Novgorod Province. Krestezkiy County. D. 868. Economic notes of 1099 villas
and alphabet of cottages and owners. – 101 l.
11. Eliseeva N. V., Stepanova L. G. Historical changes of peasant ideas about the quality of the soil and the
formation of modern approaches to the study of soil resources in Russia//Proceedings of the Sochi State
University. – 2014, – № 4–2 (33). – P. 104– 109.