Pages: 57 - 60
Authors: Smertin Y. G.
Abstract: The article analyzes the various aspects of China’s policy in Africa in the 21st century. It is concluded that there is a mutual interest of PRC and African countries in multilateral cooperation
Keywords: China, Africa, politics, economics, influence, diplomacy, interests
1. Kelley Jeremy. China and Africa: Curing the Resource Curse with Infrastructure and Modernization//Sustainable Development
Law and Policy. Washington, – 2012. – Vol. 12, № 3.
2. Alden Chris, Alves Cristina. History and Identity in the Construction of China’s Africa Policy//Review of African Political
Economy. – Vol. 35, № 115, – 2008.
3. Confucius Institute Online//[Electronic resource]. – Available from: http: www.confuciusinstitute.net/
4. The People’s Republic of China. White Paper on China’s African Policy. – Beijing, 2008.
5. For more details see: Дейч Т. Л. Китай завоевывает Африку. – М., 2014 (Tatyana Deitch. Kitay zavoyovivaet Afriku. –
Moskva, 2014) (in Russian).
6. Gazibo Mamoudou. How China Seduces Africa//The Newsletter. – № 60, – 2012.
7. Full text of Wen’s speech at 4th Ministerial conference of FOCAC//[Electronic resource]. – Available from: http://www.
8. White Paper on China-African Economic and Trade Co-operation. People’s Republic of China (PRC). Information Office
of State Council. – December 1, 2009.
9. Chinese President Hu Jintao addresses the opening ceremony of the Fifth Ministerial Conference of the Forum of China-Africa
cooperation (FOCAC) in Beijing, capital of China, July 19, 2012//[Electronic resource]. – Available from: http://www.
10. Brown David E. Hidden Dragon, Crouching Lion: How China’s Advance in Africa is Underestimated and Africa’s Potential
Underappreciated. – Strategic Studies Institute. 2013//[Electronic resource]. – Available from: http://www. Strategic-