Pages: 14 - 17
Authors: Voloshina E. E., Gladkaya E. A.
Abstract: The assessment of the history of British colonization is ambiguous. There were a lot of negative aspects, but there were also many positive ones. The historical process should be seen through the prism of individual participation in it. The colonization of India is difficult to imagine without the personality of Robert Clive. The glory of a colonizer of such scale is also quite controversial. The article attempts to analyze the role of an individual in quite an ambiguous process such as colonization
Keywords: colonization, England, India, Lord Clive, Bengal
1. Antonova K. A. English conquest of India in XVIII. – Moscow: Publishers of the eastern literature, 1958. – 324 p.
2. Bart de Panoen. India under the British rule. – М.,1848.
3. Lord Clive. A latter to proprietors of the East India stock. – L., 1794.
4. Malcolm J. The Life of Robert, Lord Clive. 3 vols. – L., 1836.
5. Macaulay T. B. Lord Clive. – M., 1852.