Pages: 52 - 54
Authors: Ashrapov J. R.
Abstract: The analysis of data of 97 children with brain tumors of supratentorial localization was carried out. To estimate treatment efficacy was used a rating scale of quality of life. It was determined that the quality of life of patients with brain gliomas depends on localization of neoplastic process, histological properties of tumor, preoperative neurologic deficit and the patient’s compensated condition
Keywords: quality of life, brain glioma, central nervous system, pediatric age.
1. Anderson S. L., Taylor R., & Whittle I. R. Mood disorder in patients with after treatment for primary intracranial tumors. British Journal
of Neurosurgery, – 1999. – 13, – 480–485.
2. Bampoe J., Laperriere N., Pintilie M., Glen J., Micallef J., & Bernstein M. Quality of life in patients with glioblastoma multiforma participating
in a randomized study of brachytherapy as a boost treatment. Journal of Neurosurgery, – 2000. – 93, – 917–926.
3. Соnnоllу В., Вlаser S. I., Humphreys R. Р., & Весker L. Long-term survival of an infant with anaplastic astrocytoma. Pediatric Neurosurgery,
– 1997. – 26, – 97–102.
4. Gorbunova E. A., & Breder V. V. The quality of life of cancer patients. Proceedings of the 4th Russian Conference of Oncologists, –
Moscow, – 2000. – 125–127, in Russian.
5. Ionova T. I., Novik A. A., & Sukhonos Yu. A. The definition of quality of life of cancer patients. Oncology, – 2000. – 2, – 25–27, in Russian.
6. Orlov Yu. A. Assessment of the quality of life of patients with lesions of the nervous system. Ukrainian Journal of Neurosurgery [Ukrainskiy
Neurohirurgicheskiy Zhurnal], – 2001. – 1, – 89–94, in Russian.
7. Orlov Yu. A., Verkhoglyadova T. P., & Plavsky N. V. Tumors of the central nervous system in children (incidence rates in Ukraine for
25 years). International Journal of Radiation Medicine [Mezhdunarodniy Zhurnal Radiacionnoy Mediciny], – 2001. – 3 (1–2), –
258–265, in Russian.
8. Rozumenko V. D. Epidemiology of brain tumors: statistical factors. Ukrainian Journal of Neurosurgery [Ukrainskiy Neurohirurgicheskiy
Zhurnal], – 2002. – 3, – 47–48, in Russian.
9. Rozumenko V. D. Brain tumors: current state of the problem. Proceedings of the III Congress of Neurosurgeons of Ukraine, – 2003. –
91–93, in Russian.
10. Usatov S. A., Zaallum Hatem, & Shopin V. N. The analysis of early outcomes of surgical treatment for gliomas of supratentorial localization
with the use of wake-up anesthesia. Ukrainian Journal of Neurosurgery [Ukrainskiy Neurohirurgicheskiy Zhurnal], – 2007. – 2,
25–27, in Russian.