Pages: 8 - 10
Authors: Zhurlov O. S.
Abstract: We conducted a comparative analysis of conversion physicochemical properties of biofilm-forming bacteria that are resistant to the bactericidal activity of blood serum, lysozyme and fraction of low molecular weight platelet peptides. It was established that bacterial resistance to blood serum, lysozyme and low molecular weight platelet peptides correlates with low hydrophilic and high values of electrokinetic potential cells. The conversion of physicochemical properties of bacteria, during incubation with the innate immunity factors, has unidirectional character and contributes to the increase of hydrophilic cells. The shiftof physicochemical properties a bacteria increases in the range – E.coli < S.aureus < coagulase-negative staphylococci
Keywords: Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, coagulase-negative staphylococci, HLB (hydrophilic-lipophilic balance), electrokinetic potential
1. Bachurskaya N. S., Brudastov Yu. A., Zhurlov O. S. Hydrophobic features of mushrooms of Malassezia type//Vestnik of OSU. – 2006. –
Vol. 12. – P. 32–34.
2. Brenchley J. M. HIV infection and the gastrointestinal immune system//Mucosal. Immunol. – 2008. – Vol. 1. – P. 23–30.
3. Brudastov Yu. A., Gritsenko V. A., Zhurlov O. S., Chertkov K. L. The characteristics of the hydrophobic properties of bacteria when interacting
with blood serum. Zh. Mikrobiol Epidemiol Immunobiol. – 1997. – Vol.4. – P. 73–7.
4. Gorshkov N. I., Malakhova I. I., Krasikov V. D., Zhurlov O. S. and Ivanov Y. B. Liquid chromatography of platelet proteins//Sorption
Chromatographic Processes. – 2010. – Vol. 5. – P. 661–668.
5. Knobloch J. K., Horstcotte M. A., Rohde H., and Mack D. Evaluation of different detection methods of biofilm formation in Staphylococcus
aureus//Med Microbiol Immunol (Berl). – 2002. – Vol. 191. – P. 101–106.
6. Lakin G. F. Biometrics: a textbook for biolog. special universities. – 4th ed., Rev. and add. – M.: High School, – 1990. – 352 p.
7. MacFie J., Reddy B. S., Gatt M. et al. Bacterial translocation studied in 927 patients over 13 years//British Journal of Surgery. – 2006. –
Vol. 93. – P. 87–93.
8. MacFie J. Surgical sepsis//British Journal of Surgery Society. – 2013. – Vol. 100. – P. 1119–1122.
9. Malakhova I. I., Yegorova O. S., Gorshkov N. I., Krasikov V. D., Zhurlov O. S., Ivanov Y. B. Investigation of platelet proteins in composition
and molecular weight of the transport means//Sorption and chromatographic processes. – 2012. – Vol. 6. – P.973-980.
10. Martin M.A. Epidemiology and clinical impact of gram-negative sepsis.//Infect. Dis. Clin North. Am. – 1991. – Vol. 5. – P. 739–52.
11. O’Toole G. F., Kaplan H. B., Kolter R. Biofilm formation as microbial development//Ann. Rev. Microbiol. – 2000. – Vol. 54. – P. 49–79.
12. Yeman M. R. Platelets in defense against bacterial pathogens//Cell. Mol. Life Sci. – 2010. – Vol. 67. – P. 525–544.
13. Zhurlov O. S. Influence antimicrobial peptides platelet lysate (hPL) on the physicochemical properties and the kinetics of growth
coagulase-negative staphylococci on the capable forming biofilms//Advances in current natural sciences. – 2015. – Vol. 9. – P. 107–109.
14. Zhurlov O. S., Gritsenko V. A., Brudastov Yu. A. Influence of cultivation temperature on physiological and physicochemical features of
Escherichia coli K12//Vestnik of OSU. – 2009. – Vol. 12. – P. 106–110.