Pages: 212 - 215
Authors: Sagatov B. U., Shodmonov A. Y., Aliyev M. R., Djurayev U. U.
Abstract: This paper presents the Literature Review of carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) strips to reinforced concrete (RC) as a strengthening solution for T‑beams. Although a great deal of research has been carried out on Rectangular beams strengthened with Fibre-Reinforced Polymer composites (FRP), Fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) composites have been increasingly studied for their application in the flexural or shear strengthening of reinforced concrete (RC) members. A detailed discussion of the shear strengthening repair with FRP is undertaken
Keywords: Shear, Strengthening, Concrete, Flexural, carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP), fiber reinforced polymer (FRP).
1. Gyuseon Kim, Jongsung Sim and Hongseob Oh (2008). Shear strength of strengthened RC beams with FRPs in shear. Construction
and Building Materials – P. 1261–1270.
2. Oral Buyukozturk, Oguz Gunes and Erdem Karaca (2004). Progress on understanding deboning problems in reinforced concrete and
steel members strengthened using FRP composites. Construction and Building Materials – P. 9–19.
3. Bousselham, A., and Chaallal, O., (2004),“ Shear Strengthening Reinforced Concrete Beams with Fiber-Reinforced Polymer: Assessment
of Influencing Parameters and Required Research, ACI Structural Journal, – V. 101, – No. 2, – Mar.-Apr., – P. 219–227.
4. Matthys, S., and Triantafillou, T., (2001), “Shear and Torsion Strengthening with Externally Bonded FRP Reinforcement,” Proceedings
of the International Workshop on Composites in Construction: A Reality, E. Cosensa, G. Manfredi, and A. Nanni, eds., Capri, – Italy, –
Study of energy indicators of power-consuming equipmentat in-plant procurement centers of cotton-cleaning plants
5. Aram MR, Czaderski C, Motavalli M (2008). Debonding failure modes of flexural FRP-strengthened RC beams. Composites Part B:
Engineering. 39: 826–41.
6. Teng GJ, Smith TS, Yao J, Chen JF (2003). Intermediate crack-induced debonding in RC beams and slabs. Construction and Building
Materials. 17: 447–62.
7. Meier, U., Kaiser, H. P. (1991). Strengthening of structures with CFRP laminates. Proceeding Advanced Composite Materials in Civil
Engineering Structures, Material Division, ASCE, Las Vegas, – P. 224–232.
8. Saadatmanesh. H., Ehsani. M. R. (1990). Fibre composites can strengthen beams. Concrete International – Vol. 12, – No. 3, – P. 65–71.
9. Maleej, M., Bain, Y. (2001). Interfacial shear stress concentration on FRP-Strengthened beams. Composite Structures, – Vol. 54, – P.
10. Khalifa. A., Tulmailan G., Nanni A., Belarbi A. (1999 b). Shear strengthening of continuous RC beams using externally bonded CFRP
sheets. Sp‑188, American Concrete Institute, Proc., 4th International Symposium on FRP for Reinforcement of Concrete Structures
(FRPRCS‑4), Baltimore, – MD, – P. – 995–1008.
11. Khalifa A., Nanni A. (1999). Rehabilitation of rectangular simply supported RC beams with shear deficiencies using CFRP composites.
Constr. and Build. Mat., – Vol. 16, – P. 135–146.
12. Triantafillou, T. C. (1998) Shear Strengthening of reinforced concrete beams using epoxy bon-ded FRP composites. ACI Structural
Journal, – P. 107–115.
13. Nystrom, H (1999). Bridge rehabilitation financial model aand case study, proceedings – 1999 ASEE Annual Conference, Engineering
Economics Division, Charlotte, NC.
14. Jayaprakash J., Abdul Aziz A. A., Abang, A. A., Ashrabov, A. A. (2004 b). Rehabilitation of RC Beams using Bi-Directional Carbon Fibre
Reinforced Polymer Fabrics. The Third International Conference on Advances in Structural Engineering and Mechanics (ASEM’04), –
2–4 September – 2004, – Seoul, Korea.
15. Apicella F. (1999). Research and Development issues of composite resin system. A conference on Polymer Composites, Edited by
Creese C. R. and Ganga Rao. H., Technomic Publishing Co. – Inc. – P. 134–139.
16. Chaallal O., Nollet, M. J., Perraton D. (1998). Strengthening of reinforced concrete beams with externally bonded fibre reinforced plastic
plates: design guidelines for shear and flexure. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, – Vol. 25, – No. 4, – P. 692–704.
17. Charles E. Bakis. (1993). Materials and Manufacturing. Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Reinfo-rcement for Concrete Structures:
Properties and applications, Elsevier Science Publ., – P. 13–58.
18. Kani G. H. A rational theory for the function of woo reinforcement. ACI Journal, – V. 63, #3, – 1969, – P. 135–197.
19. U. S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration.