Pages: 93 - 98
Authors: Ismailov S. I., Alimdzhanov N. A., Rashitov M. M., Uzbekov K. K., Omilzhonov M. N., Elov A. A.
Abstract: The aim of the research was to evaluate the use of thyroidectomy difficulty scale (TDS) for its concordance, correspondence with operative time and correlation with complications. TDS can serve as a tool of forecast of operation difficulty
Keywords: thyroid gland, thyroidectomy, difficulty of an operation
1. Sosa JA, Bowman HM, Tielsch JM et al (1998) The importance of surgeon experience for clinical and economic outcomes from
thyroidectomy. Ann Sure – 228:320–330.
2. Mazeh H, Chen H. Advances in surgical therapy for thyroid cancer. NatRevEndocrinol. – 2011; 7:581–588.
3. Yip L, Stang MT, Carty SE. Thyroid carcinoma: the surgeon’s perspective. RadiolClin North Am. – 2011; 49:463–471.
4. Thomusch O, Machens A, Sekulla С (2003) The impact of surgical technique on postoperative hypoparathyroidism in bilateral thyroid
surgery: a multivariate analysis of 5846 consecutive patients. Surgery – 133:180–185.
5. Steinmüller T1, Klupp J, Wenking S, Neuhaus P. Complications associated with different surgical approaches to differentiated thyroid
carcinoma. Langenbecks Arch Surg. – 1999 Feb; 384 (1):50–3.
6. Wilhelm SM, McHenry CR (2010) Total thyroidectomy is superior to subtotal thyroidectomy for management of Graves’ disease in
the United States. World J Surg – 34:1261–1264.
7. McManus C, Luo J, Sippel R et al (2012) Is thyroidectomy in patients with Hashimoto thyroiditis more risk? J Sure Res – 178:529–532.
8. McHenry CR, Piotrovski JJ (1994) Thyroidectomy in patients with marked thyroid enlargement: airway management, morbidity. and
outcome. Am Surg – 60:586–591.
9. Wagner HE, Seiler С (1994) Recurrent laryngeal nerve palsy after thyroid gland surgery. Br J Surg – 81:226–228.
10. Wormer BA, McHenry CR (2011) Hashintoto’s thyroiditis: out-come of surgical resection for patients with thyromegaly and compressive
symptoms. Am J Surg 201:416–419 discussion 419.
Sectiom 6. Medical science
11. Liu J, Bargren A, Schaefer S, Chen H et al (2011) Total thyroidectomy: a safe and effective treatment for Graves’ disease..J Surg Res –
12. Jamali FR, Sovveid AM, Dimassi H el al (2008) Evaluating the degree of difficulty of laparoscopic colorectal surgery. Arch Surg –
143:762–767 discussion 768.
13. Dooley IJ, O’Brien PD (2006) Subjective difficulty of each stage of phacoemulsification cataract surgery performed by basic surgical
trainees. J Cataract Refract Surg – 32:604–608.
14. Van Oldenrijk J, Schafroth MU, Rijk E et al (2013) Learning curve analysis of the collumfemorispreserving total hip surgical technique.
Hip lnt – 23:154–161.
15. Upile T, Jerjes W, Mahil J et al (2011 How to do it: the difficult thyroid. Head Neck Oncol – 3:54.
16. Agarwal A, Agarwal S, Tewari P et al (2012) Clinicopathological profile, airway management, and outcome in huge multinodular
goiters: an institutional experience from an endemic goiter region. World J Surg – 36:755–760.
17. Ahanchi SS, Carroll M, Almaroof В et al (2011) Anatomic severity grading score predicts technical difficulty, early outcomes, and
hospital resource utilization of endovascular aortic aneurysm repair. J Vase Surg – 54:1266–1272.
18. Shinall MC Jr, Broome JT, Baker A et al (2013) Is potassium iodide solution necessary before total thyroidectomy for Graves disease?
Ann SurgOncol – 20:2964–2967.
19. Ansaldo GL, Pretolesi F, Varaldo E et al (2000) Doppler evaluation of intrathyroid arterial resistances during preoperative treatment
with Lueol’s iodide solution in patients with diffuse toxic goiter. J Am CollSurg – 191:607–612.
20. Schneider DF, Mazeh H, Oltmann SC. (2014). Novel thyroidectomy difficulty scale correlates with operative times. World Journal of
Surgery, – 38 (8), – 1984–1989.
21. Pollei TR, Barrs DM, Hinni ML et al (2013) Operative time and cost of resident surgical experience: effect of instituting an otolaryngology
residency program. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg – 148:912–918.
22. McManus C, Luo J, Sippel R et al (2011) Should patients with symptomatic Hashimoto’s thyroiditis pursue surgery? J Surg Res –
23. Consorti F, Milazzo F, Notarangelo M et al (2012) Factors influencing the length of the incision and the operating time for total thyroidectomy.
BMC Surg – 12:15.
24. Исмаилов С. И., Алимджанов Н. А., и др. Хирургическое лечение диффузного токсического зоба (методические рекомендации)
г. Ташкент. – 2007. – С. 32.