Pages: 73 - 75
Authors: Atadjanova M. M.
Abstract: 40 pregnant women with type 1 DM were recruited for the study and divided into two groups by terms of DM compensation. Pregnancy outcomes significantly improved with pregnancy planning and adequate and timely self-control over glycemia, and regular visits to a physician for examination
Keywords: diabetes mellitus, pregnancy, compensation, complication
1. American Diabetes Association. Preconception care of women with diabetes, Diabetes Care – 23: S. 65–68, – 2000.
2. Barbour L. A. (2009). Diabetes in PregnancyEndocrine Secrets, McDermott M ed. Mosby Elsevier. Philadelphia: – 47–64.
3. Casson I. F., Clarke C. A., Howard C. V., McKendrick O., Pennycook S., Pharoah POD et al. (1997). Outcomes of pregnancy in insulin
dependent diabetic women: results of a five year population cohort study. Br Med J; 315: 275–78.
4. Dheen S. T., Tay S. S., Boran J. et al. (2009). Recent studies on neural tube defects in embryos of diabetic pregnancy: an overview. Curr
Medicinal Chem; 16: 2345–54.
5. HAPO Study Cooperative Research Group. Hyperglycemia and Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes. NEJM 2008; 358: 1991–2002.
6. Javanovic L., Knopp R. H., Brown Z., Conley M. R., Park E et al. (2001). Declining insulin requirement in the first trimester of diabetic
pregnancy. Diabetes Care; 24 (7): 1130–6.
7. International Association of Diabetes and Pregnancy Study Groups Consensus Panel: recommendations on the diagnosis and classification
of hyperglycemia in pregnancy. Diabetes Care 2010; 33: 676–691.
8. Landon MB. (2007). Diabetic nephropathy and pregnancy. Clinical Obstet Gynecol; 50: 998–1006.
9. Rossing K., Jacobsen P., Hommel E., Mathiesen E., Svenningsen A., Rossing P., Parving H. H. (2002). Pregnancy and progression of
diabetic nephropathy. Diabetologia; 45 (1): 36–41.
10. Sacks D. A., Feig D. S., Amy Liu I–L et al. (2006). Managing type 1 diabetes in prgnancy: how near normal is necessary? J Perinat; 26:
11. Temple R. C., Aldridge V. J., Murphy H. R. (2006). Prepregnancy care and pregnancy outcomes in women with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes
Care; 29: 1744–49.
12. Ter Braak E. W., Evers I. M., Erkelens D., Visser G. H. (2002). Maternal hypoglycemia during pregnancy in type 1 diabetes: maternal
and fetal consequences. Diabetes/Metab Res Rev: 18 (2): 96–105.
13. Yang J., Cummings E. A., O’Connell C. (2006). Fetal and neonatal outcomes of diabetic pregnancies. Obstet Gynecol; 108: 644–50