Pages: 48 - 49
Authors: Abdurahimov S. A.
Abstract: The problem of treatment of complicated forms of spondylitis of the spine up to the present time is still current and delayed treatment of patients will lead to permanent disability. In the article the authors propose surgical treatment approach in complicated forms spondylitis, decompression of the spinal cord, followed by drainage of the affected segment. Active drainage of spinal cord inflammation prevents possible complications and provides favorable conditions for the activation of the patients in the early postoperative period, significantly improving their adaptive capacity and quality of life.
Keywords: spondylitis, inflammation, spinal cord, spinal column, disability
1. Ardashev I. P., Vertebral infection./Ardashev I.P, Ardasheva E.I//Spine Surgery. – 2009; 2: 68–78.
2. Akhmedov E. S., Surgical treatment of tuberculous and nonspecific spondylitis./Akhmedov E.S/scientific work. – 2007; 40.
3. 3.Burlakov S. B.,/Immediate and long-term complications after operations carried out on the tuberculous spondylitis./Burlakov S. В.,
Oleinik V. V., Gusev V.N//Improving tuberculosis care: abstracts of scientific and prac. conference. – St. Petersburg, – 2011; 285–286.
4. Garg B. Anterior versus posterior procedure for surgical treatment of thoracolumbar tuberculosis: A retrospective analysis./Garg B.,
Kandwal P., Nagaraja U. B., Goswami A., Jayaswal A//Indian J Orthop. – 2012; 46:2.
5. Jin D., Qu D., Chen J., et al. One-stage anterior interbody autografting and instrumentation in primary surgical management of thoracolumbar
spinal tuberculosis//Eur. Spine J. – 2004. – Vol. 13. – P. 114–121.
6. Koptan W. Single stage anterior reconstruction using titanium mesh cages in neglected kyphotic tuberculous spondylodiscitis of the
cervical spine./Koptan W., ElMiligui Y., ElSharkawi M.//Eur. Spine – J. 2011 February; – 20 (2): 308–313.
7. Lavrov V. N. Surgical treatment of cervical spondylitis./V. Lavrov, Kiselev, A. M., Akhmedov, E.S//Konsilium. – 2005; 2: 28–30.
8. McHenry M. C., Easley K. A., Locker G. A. Vertebrae osteomyelitis: Long-term outcome for 253 partienrs from 7 Cevelang-area hospitals//
Clin. Infect Dis. – 2002. – Vol. 34, – № 10. P. 1342–1350.
9. Mirzoev S. O. Radical surgical treatment of complicated forms of the lumbar spine tuberculosis./S. O. Mirzoev, Sulaymanov I. I., Yusupov
E.Y//Sci. tr. Proc. scientific. Pract. Conf. – SPb. – 2008; 153.
10. Nazirov P. H. Increase the effectiveness of surgical treatment of common forms of tuberculosis of the spine/P. H. Nazirov A. Urazbaev//
Problems of tuberculosis. – 2008; 4: 32–34.
11. Peretsmanas E. O. Errors and difficulties in the diagnosis of tuberculous spondylitis./Peretsmanas E.O, Lavrov V.N, M. E. Saltykov//Sci.
tr. Proc. scientific. Pract. Conf. – SPb. – 2006; 151.
12. Peretsmanas E. O. Causes of disabling forms of tuberculous spondylitis./E. O. Peretsmanas//Problems of tuberculosis. – 2002; 8: 6–7.
13. Tay B., Deckey K. J. Spine Infections//J. of the American Academy of orthopaed Surg. – 2002. – Vol. 10. – № 3. – P. 188–197.